[forum/header.htm]
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  City Council Election Update - I Need Your Support
June 26, 2012

I want to thank so many of you for responding to Richmond Campaign Season Begins - I Need Your Support, June 19, 2012. Since that announcement, County Supervisor John Gioia and State Senator Loni Hancock have endorsed me, along with many E-FORUM readers.

It is time to start raising money for the campaign. Mailers are expensive, and they are the only way to reach thousands of Richmond voters who don’t follow local politics closely. A contribution form can be downloaded at http://tombutt.com/contribute.htm. Attach a check to the form and mail it in, but not until after July 1. Please do what you can to help. I have managed to offend many of the special interests that are the source of most campaign funds in Richmond, so I have to depend on a lot of smaller donations.

The filing period for all candidates for elective office to the City Council will open Monday, July 16, 2012, at 8:30 a.m. and close on Friday, August 10, 2012, at 5:00 p.m. If an incumbent does not file his or her nomination papers by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 10, 2012, the nomination period will extend to Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 5:00 p.m., for non-incumbents only. Since Jeff Ritterman is not running for reelection, the effective closing date will be August 25.

Bea Roberson reminded me that I left her off my previous list of potential candidates. Bea serves on the Police Commission and is president of the Richmond Neighborhood Coordinating Council.

RETURN