E-Mail Forum – 2023  
  < RETURN  
  Rooted in Richmond
January 13, 2023

The Rooted in Richmond app is now complete, and we just pushed the final update (which increased the multilingual functionality and also reduced the download time for the files)

I’m including the language and promo information below. Also see the slide presentation that describes the tour and highlights the stops and themes being featured:

I wanted to direct your attention to an important new multimedia walking tour that is now available in both English and Spanish for our industrial, historic city of Richmond, California. Rooted in Richmond is an interactive app-based walking and biking tour in both English and Spanish. Audio interviews; 3D models of artifacts; and dozens of vivid, historic images highlight 16 stops that were developed through an extensive community outreach process. Stops trigger as you pass by, including Japanese rose nurseries; sites of Social Justice and the Civil Rights Movement; a rescued WPA-era mural; Ohlone shellmounds, and more.

East Bay Yesterday, a Bay Area podcaster recently highlighted the tour, and the City of Richmond, National Park Service, Richmond Museum, and dozens of community groups were involved in the 18-month project. We would love for you to feature it in the California Report. I am also happy to connect you with some of the oral history participants who are featured in the app, as well as the key partners who helped make it happen.

This free app was supported by a federal grant and was primarily volunteer-led.

You’ll find more at:

< RETURN