Important: Holiday Treecycling and Non-Compostable Tree Disposal Options
The Environmental and Health Initiatives Division encourages residents to consider the options below for disposing of Holiday Trees. Information about free treecycling, bulky item, and Household Hazardous Waste programs available to Richmond residents can be found by visiting www.richmondenvironment.org.
Below are the options available for Holiday Tree Disposal:
- Curbside Collection: On any of your regular organic waste collection days, cut your natural, unflocked tree to fit in your organic waste container. Trees must be 6 inches or less in diameter and cut to 3 feet in length. Remove stand and all decorations. Artificial, flocked, ornament contaminated trees are not compostable. Cut or trim to fit in brown trash container and set out on any regular trash collection day. IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR COMPOSTING CHRISTMAS TREES—PLEASE: Remove all lights, ornaments, tinsel, nails and stands, AND no flocked, painted, fireproofed, artificial or trees contaminated with decorations, stands, or plastic or cloth wrappings in the green bin.
- On Call Bulky Pick-up: If you have not already used your allocated On-Call Curbside Bulky Clean-Up(s), call Republic Services Customer Service office at 510-262-7100 to arrange for no cost curbside pick-up. Trees more than 6 feet tall must be cut in half. Pick-up must be scheduled in advance.
- For Fee Curbside Collection: If you’re unable to cut/trim your compostable tree to fit in your organic waste container or non-compostable tree (artificial, flocked, contaminated with ornaments, stands, plastic, cloth wrapped) in the brown container, call Republic Services Customer Service office to arrange “For Fee” curbside collection approximately $20.44 / tree. On-Call and “For Fee” pick-ups must be scheduled in advance—call 510.262.7100.
- Self-haul (Drop-off): With proof of residency (driver’s license or CA ID), Republic Services customers can take Christmas Trees to Golden Bear Transfer (1 Parr Blvd, Richmond Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm; Sat-Sun, 9am-5pm) thru the 1st weekend in February at no cost for compostable trees; approximately $13.13 (subject to change) disposal fee for non-compostable trees, or no proof of residency.
- Donate to Local Organizations: In addition to the above services, some local Boy Scout troops and youth organizations in Richmond collect Christmas Trees in exchange for a donation.
Please call Republic Services at 510-262-7100 for more information. To view the flyer visit, www.richmondenvironment.org.
This complimentary message is being sent to opt-in subscribers who might be interested in its content. If you do not wish to continue receiving these messages, please accept our apologies, and unsubscribe by visiting our website at:
Please note, we will not sell or give your e-mail address to any organization without your explicit permission.
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to Environmental Initiatives on www.ci.richmond.ca.us.