Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2021  
  < RETURN  
  Obfuscation and Circumvention of Legal Service Agreements
December 12, 2021

It appears that the allegations that kicked off the hapless two-year complaint and investigation involving me (City Finally Admits Easting Time and Money on Dead End Investigation, November 16, 2021) has taken another confusing turn with City employee Lori-Reese Brown now suing former City Manager Carlos Martinez, former Interim City Manager Steven Falk and the City of Richmond.

Ms. Reese-Brown’s original complaints were directed at former Interim City Manager Steven Falk, former City Attorney Bruce Goodmiller and me. It appears that Goodmiller and I have been dropped as specific targets and Carlos Martinez and the City of Richmond added.

This lawsuit was filed on October 28, 2021, about three weeks before I released a copy of the investigation summary that exonerated me on November 16. 2021, after which City Attorney Teresa Stricker complained bitterly and went to court in an attempt to shut me down. Interestingly, Reese-Brown complains that City staff refused to release the investigation report that she assumed validated her complaint (it did just the opposite). It seems the City could save a lot of time and money by dropping its obsession with secrecy.

Click on the image below for the full filing papers.

< RETURN