Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2020  
  < RETURN  
  Richmond Ferry Service Suspended
March 19, 2020

Subject: Info on SF Bay Ferry service reduction

Hello. Amid the fast-moving events of this week, we were not able to reach out to our municipal partners and county transportation authorities to give advance notice that WETA would be reducing San Francisco Bay Ferry service in response to the six-county public health order restricting non-essential travel. Going forward, we will communicate about service changes during this crisis. If someone else on your team should be notified as well, let me know and I'll add them to my list.

Our press release from Monday night is attached. Our webpage on the service reduction is here: https://sanfranciscobayferry.com/news/shelter

WETA had seen significant ridership losses before the public health orders and decided Monday to reduce service to minimal levels until the order expires. Given that BART and other transit providers are maintaining service levels, WETA leadership felt a service reduction prudent.

There is currently San Francisco Bay Ferry service only on the Vallejo and Alameda/Oakland routes. Service is suspended on the Richmond, Harbor Bay and South San Francisco routes. Weekend service and all service to Pier 41 San Francisco and Mare Island are suspended. We expect this to remain in effect through April 7 unless the public health orders are extended.

We are continuing to evaluate the situation and the regional transportation needs for the communities we serve. Let me know if your agency has any feedback for us that I can share with senior management.

My cell phone is 707-722-5280. Be safe and healthy and let me know if you need anything.

---------
Thomas Hall
Public Information & Marketing Manager
San Francisco Bay Ferry | Water Emergency Transportation Authority (WETA)
hall@watertransit.org | 415-364-3190

< RETURN