We are dedicated to your health and safety
We understand you may be feeling concerned about coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. At Kaiser Permanente, we are following guidelines from public health authorities to ensure the health and safety of our patients, physicians, staff, and the community.
Especially now, phone and video appointments are convenient ways to get the care you need from home. You can schedule at kp.org/appointments or by calling the Appointment and Advice Call Center at 866-454-8855.
IMPORTANT advice on appointments in the medical offices
To help protect you and your family from possible exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19), at this time we strongly recommend that if you or a family member:
- Have cough, cold or flu symptoms; or have been exposed to any ill contacts, please call the Appointment and Advice Call Center at 866-454-8855 for instructions or go to kp.org to schedule a phone or video appointment instead of an in-person office visit.
- Are scheduled for a routine check-up or physical and would like to delay until later in the year, please give us a call or go online at kp.org to reschedule.
- Have an urgent issue that is not covered above, please consider scheduling a phone or video appointment instead of an in-person office visit. Please call the Appointment and Advice Call Center at 866-454-8855. Our physicians will provide guidance for your health concern and make recommendations for next steps. If an in-person visit is needed or recommended, we will be able to assist you.
- As always, if you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.
New to video appointments? Go to kp.org/mydoctor/videovisits to get started.
Did you know you can have your prescriptions delivered right to you? Save yourself a trip to the pharmacy: go to kp.org/pharmacy or call 1-888-218-MAIL (6245).
Advice on staying healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Alcohol hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick (and keep sick children home from school).
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. If you use a tissue, wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more up to date information on coronavirus, go to kpdoc.org/COVID19
We hope you stay well this season. If you do get sick, please call our 24/7 Appointment and Advice Call Center at 866-454-8855. Thank you for partnering with us to keep our families and communities safer.
Your Care Teams at Kaiser Permanente