Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2019  
  < RETURN  
  Transitions in the Mayor's Office
September 21, 2019

My current chief of staff in the Mayor’s Office, Alex Knox, will be leaving in October. He is currently  in Spain on his honeymoon with his new bride, Alessandra Vejby. Alex managed my successful mayoral campaign in 2014 and joined the Mayor’s Office staff when I was sworn in January 2015. He has done an outstanding job for nearly five years, and he will be missed.

However, I am happy to announce that Alex will be replaced with Christopher Whitmore, a Richmond native currently employed at the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission as the ​local policy analyst, ​where he manages  SFPUC’s relationships with members of the Board of Supervisors,  writes legislation, manages legislative priorities for all enterprises, bureaus, and offices within SFPUC and  responds  to constituent service requests.

Christopher is not new to the Mayor’s Office, having served in the Mayor’s Office as director of policy and  strategy from February 2016 to May 2018, so he will be able to hit the ground running.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1173255656708554752/9Am6tiOx_400x400.jpg

Before coming to work in the Mayor’s Office in 2016, Christopher worked in the Richmond office of U.S Congressman Mark DeSaulnier, and he interned in the Office of U.S Senator Bill Nelson (FL) and the Office of County Supervisor John Gioia.

Christopher graduated from Webster University in ​St. Louis with a Bachelors of Arts Degree​, majoring in Political  Science w/ Emphasis in Public Law

Christopher will join the two other Mayor’s Office staff members, Dominique Roache-Green, Director of Policy Initiatives and Ruben Hernandez Story, Director of Projects and Programs.

Welcome back, Christopher!

< RETURN