MTC’s current traffic advisory for the Richmond-San Rafael (RSR) Bridge Access Improvement Project is being forwarded to your attention. Attached to this email please find the current detour maps associated with this project.
Work continues on the Richmond-San Rafael (RSR) Bridge Access Improvement Project.
Construction updates for the week of April 21st are as follows:
- Monday (AM) – Friday (PM): 7AM - 3:30PM - Shoulder closures in the westbound direction of I-580 on the RSR Bridge.
- Monday (PM) - Saturday (AM): 9PM - 5AM in Marin - Lane closures in the eastbound and westbound directions of I-580 from Sir Francis Drake Boulevard over the RSR Bridge. One lane in each direction will remain open at all times.
- Monday (PM) - Saturday (AM): 9PM - 5AM in Richmond - Lane closures in the eastbound and westbound directions of I-580 between Castro Street and the RSR Bridge. One lane in each direction will remain open at all times.
- Monday (PM) - Saturday (AM): 10PM - 5AM in Marin - Closure of the westbound I-580 off-ramp to Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Please see Detour Map 1.
- Monday (PM) - Saturday (AM): 9PM - 6AM in Marin - Closure of the eastbound I-580 on-ramp from Main Street (San Quentin). Please see Detour Map 2.
- Monday (PM) - Saturday (AM): 9PM - 6AM in Marin - Closure of the westbound I-580 on-ramp from Francisco Blvd. Please see Detour Map 3.
- Monday (PM) - Saturday (AM): 11PM - 5AM in Marin – Closure of the eastbound I-580 on-ramp from Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Please see Detour Map 4. NOTE THAT THIS RAMP WILL NOT BE CLOSED AT SAME TIME AS THE CLOSURE OF THE EASTBOUND MAIN STREET ON-RAMP.
- Monday (PM) – Saturday (AM): 10PM - 5AM in Marin – One way reversing traffic control on Main Street between the westbound I-580 off-ramp and the eastbound I-580 on-ramp.
SPECIAL NOTICE: STARTING ON MARCH 11, WORK WILL BEGIN ON JOINT REPLACEMENT ON THE UPPER DECK (WESTBOUND) OF THE RSR BRIDGE. THIS WORK WILL BE PERFORMED DURING NIGHTTIME LANE CLOSURE OPERATION FROM 9PM TO 5AM. JOINT REPLACEMENT WORK IS ANTICIPATED TO LAST APPROXIMATELY 3 MONTHS. DURING THIS PERIOD, MOTORISTS CAN EXPECT STEEL PLATES AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS ON THE BRIDGE DECK.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR CYCLISTS: THE BIKE PATH SHUTTLE BETWEEN MARINE STREET AND STENMARK DRIVE IS AVAILABLE BETWEEN 7AM AND 7PM SEVEN DAYS PER WEEK. FOR SHUTTLE PICK UP, PLEASE CALL 510-715-1465 MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY OR 510-715-0765 ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. PLEASE EXPECT A 20-MINUTE WAIT FOR SHUTTLE SERVICE. PLEASE SEE DETOUR MAP 5.
Notice: This information is based on the work plans submitted by the contractors which are subject to change. For the most current information on all lane and ramp closures, please check the web site shown below before beginning your travel.
For more information or to see a video about the project, please visit: http://mtc.ca.gov/our-work/plans-projects/major-regional-projects/richmond-san-rafael-bridge-access-improvements. If you have additional questions about the project or construction updates, please call the project hotline at (510) 273-3640.
About the RSR Bridge Access Improvement Project
Over the last 50 years, the Richmond-San Rafael (RSR) Bridge has efficiently and effectively served Bay Area travelers while seeing a steady increase in daily vehicle use in recent years. From 2009 to 2014, the Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) across the bridge climbed from 70,000 to 80,000 representing a 14.3 percent increase. The RSR Bridge Access Improvements will ease congestion by increasing vehicle capacity on the Bridge and providing a new route for non-motorized travelers.
The RSR Bridge Access Improvement Project is made possible by a partnership between BATA, Caltrans, the Contra Costa County Transportation Authority (CCTA), and the Transportation Authority of Marin (TAM).
You are receiving this e-mail as a courtesy from the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Access Improvement Project. We send out notifications when contractors on the project plan a lane closure or construction activity that may have an effect on traffic in the vicinity. If you no longer wish to receive these notifications, please respond to this e-mail and state that you would like to be removed from the distribution list.
Tarienne Grover, MMC, EMPA
Clerk of the Board
Contra Costa Transportation Authority
2999 Oak Road, Suite 100
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Phone: (925) 256-4722
Fax: (925) 256-4701