What does the mayor do? Following is a typical week.
Monday, December 9
- Met with a large group of stakeholders to discuss possible implementation of water taxi service along the Richmond waterfront.
- Conference call with EPA staff and other panel members to discuss upcoming panel discussion at Brownfields 2019 in Los Angeles.
Tuesday, December 10
- Met with Levin Terminal owners to discuss potential actions regarding shipping of coal and petcoke.
- City Council meeting to appoint next city manager.
Wednesday, December 11
- Monthly meeting with MCE executive director and board chair.
- Chaired Contra Costa Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) meeting in Martinez
- Flew to Los Angeles for Brownfields 2019
Thursday, December 12
- Participated in plenary session panel discussion at Brownfields 2019 in Los Angeles.
- Flew back to Bay Area from Los Angeles
Friday, December 13
- Attended West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee (WCCTAC) meeting in El Cerrito
- Met with Veolia top management to discuss resolution of various issues.
- Richmond Rotary holiday fundraising auction.
- Attended the annual Richmond Snowball dance to crown the new king and queen.
Saturday, December 14
- Participated in the monthly volunteer “Wickie” day at East brother Light Station