I realize this process has been a bit of a mystery, even to City Council members. Here is what I can tell you:
- The City retained an executive recruiting firm, CPS HR, to manage the recruiting process.
- The position was advertised widely (see brochure) in multiple media throughput California and the West Coast, including CPS HR Website, California City Management Association, ICMA, Nat’l Forum for Black Public Administrators, MMANC, Careers in Government , Public CEO, City’s Website, California City News, Western City, International Hispanic Network , MMASC, LinkedIn and Diversity Jobs
- There were 27 applicants.
- CPS HR provided a preliminary screening and reduced the number of qualified applicants to 13.
- The City Council committee consisting of Butt, Recinos and Martinez selected six for an interview. One subsequently dropped out.
- The City Council committee plus other members who desire to be involved will interview the five remaining five candidates in closed session tomorrow, July 19, and reduce the field to a maximum of three.
- There will be a forum for the public to meet the final candidates on July 23 (Flyer below).
- The City Council will meet on July 28 in closed session to make a final decision on who to offer the position to.