Last night, I made my fourth State of the City presentation since I took office as mayor of Richmond.
If you haven’t yet seen it, here are the links and our webpage for the presentation:
It was by far the most positive and optimistic report yet. Some highlights include:
- City finances in best shape in decades
- Record low unemployment
- Rents stable; home values up
- Ferry service starting this fall
- Hilltop Mall being renovated
- Branding and marketing study completed
- Second lowest homicide rate ever; zero homicides in 2018
- Richmond Promise awarded 361 scholarship worth $2.2 million
- More money for street maintenance
- Solar1 completed and on line
I am always interested to hear how things are going in your neighborhood, what the issues are and how the Mayor’s Office can help you.