Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2017  
  < RETURN  
  Mailbox Sample After Impeachment Investigation Resolution
February 25, 2017

Following the unanimous decision of the Richmond City Council to adopt a resolution to support an investigation by the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on the Judiciary to investigate “…whether sufficient grounds exist for the impeachment of Donald J. Trump,” I received a of email from both supporters and detractors from all over the United States.

The one thing in common is that most of them did not read or understand the resolution, which only calls for an investigation, not an actual impeachment.

What was remarkable, but perhaps not surprising, was the tenor of the emails.

Those supporting the City Council’s action were typically succinct and polite, like the ones copied below:

• Dear mayor,

Thank you and your city council for taking action on trump!! Hearing these kind of civic actions make me feel a little better about the future of our country.
    Sincerely,

Jo carpenter
    Ft wayne, ind
    (a republican gerrymandered Indiana district)
  • Very proud to see some civil leaders actually demonstrating serious leadership in the fact of this absurd Trump administration.

Thank you City of Richmond and Richmond City Council. Wish I could say I lived in Richmond ;)

Mark

On the other hand, the ones from Trump supporters were all full of anger and vitriol, such as the examples below:

• Impeach President Trump? You and your city council are complete morons! As easily one of the states worst cities that is riddled with crime, scum, terrible schools, and I could go on, don't you think youn would be better served focusing on actually working instead of chasing the dragon? Then president will not be stopped and unlike you and your political cronies, things get done and people will benefit. WE voted him in and it's laughable you actually consider yourself a "mayor"
  • Grow up Richmond and use your time and money to better your horrific and embarrassing city.
  • Maybe as a mayor, you should worry more about the exorbitant salaries city officials in Richmond receive. Maybe then, you wouldn't be the 6th poorest city in California! The gall of your little rat trap council, to call for the impeachment of our President! I hope you all get prison time for your obvious corruption! 
  • Your bunch of miss guided liberals want to impeach President Trump.  Why he cutting off your gravy train ? Your bunch of illegal residents ? Personally I would disconnect your borders from the main land and let you all float away. Maybe the next major earth quake will push you all under the Japanese shelf.  Then you can fly your Mexican flag underwater. Omissfit was in yoal were happy the gravy train was running your way. Well it stopped. We spend 339.3 billion/Year for the illegals. This money could be used to rebuild inter cities and bridges, or even the national dept increased by omissfit.  Your not Americans that for sure. Why don't yoal go back to Mexico. Hell they don't want you back, can't afford it. Too F en bad.
  • Just want to say you are some dumb motherfuckers. Spending your t ok me to impeach somebody. Try cleaning up your own house and all your messaging BS that's going on. You are all fucking stupid. Just resign and do everyone a favor. You all looked like major dumb asses.
  • I voted for you and President Trump! Now I will never vote for you because of the idiotic impeachment poop! Thank you for not representing me !
  • I am sure you have all heard that the United States is tilted towards California and that's why all the nuts roll there. 
  • Richmond is the sixth-poorest large city in the state, and has the highest public employee salary burden. Typical liberal city, a disaster! Your city council is living proof that California Liberals are nuts!   You guys are a disgrace, try taking Care of your own city first, Thank god the rest of the country is not as dumb as this state. Good luck
  • Looks like Richmond is bunch treasonist fascists, who support Satanists like HRC, and pedophiles like the DNC and leader John PODESTA, and you're leading the charge.  So are you tip of the spear, or puppet or just plain stupid? Fascism:  When violence, force or undemocratic actions are employed, but certain words, speech and democratic traditions are prohibited. Welcome to Richmond!  Bunch of wankers! Have a nice day!!
  • I GUESS YOU ARE ALL STILL THE SAME LEFT WING IDIOTS THAT CANNOT GET OVER THE FACT THAT KILLARY WAS A DISGUSTING LIAR AND MURDERER !! SO YOU FOOLS LOST !!BECAUSE SHE HAD A VIGINA DIDN’T MEAN SHE WAS ELLIGABLE TO BECOME PRESIDENT !! YOU ARE ALL MORONS THAT BEHAVE LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN WHO’S NEW TOY WAS TAKEN AWAY !! BECAUSE OBUMMER BEHAVED LIKE A KING DID’T MEAN SHE WAS ENTITLED TO BECOME QUEEN !! YOU ARE ATHE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE USA !! JUST KEEP IT UP IDIOTS !! AND THESE FAKE PROTEST ORGENIZED BY OBUMMERS CLUB WILL ALL FALL FLAT !! TELL YOU LEFT WING FOOLS YOU WILL LOOSE MORE SEATS !! YOU ALL ARE JUST DUMBASSES
  • As a proud American. My heart is broken. That you are trying to impeach. A wonderful. President. A  man who loves Jesus. Who.Loves the USA. A man who loves Americans. Who has done everything he promosied. Who are you, to try get rid, of the only President in 8 yrs. Who.is making America grest agsin. Today my heart hurts, i am so sad you are abusing, President Trump.my words. I stand with President Trump. I back him 1,000 percent. Maybe i need to have you   and your vicious evil board. Get rid of Our President. Maybe i need to sue the city of Richmond. For Pain and Suffering. Intentionsl infliction of Emotional abuse. President Trump hss done no wrong. Stop abusing our President and me. If you bullies want to impeach my President. Your inflicting abuse on me. Intrntional Infliction of Pain and suffering. On a disabled American citizen.  I think the law works both ways. You want to impeach your right. Then my right ss an American. I have the right to sue the city of richmond. And all trying to impeach. I will see you. The others wanting to impeach in Court. I will ask the Court for 10 million dollars. I have.the right, as an American those hurting our President. me and the American people. As you have the right to try impeach. A proud Americsn who has done no wrong. I have the right sue city of Richmond does 1-100 As Americans, we have freedom. Thank you Jesus.God bless you President Trumo. See uou in court. SurfersUSAAreAwesome@gmail.com

You can draw your own conclusions about mindset and communication skills of people who support Trump, or at least those who care enough to express themselves.

< RETURN