Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2017  
  < RETURN  
  $50 Million for Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Congestion Solutions
February 16, 2017

As one of 11 commissioners, I was elected last night as board chair for 2017 of the Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA), which oversees a budget of $209.9 million of transportation projects in Contra Costa County. I represent the West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee (WCCTAC) on CCTA.

http://www.ccta.net/img/logo_home.png

The Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA) is a public agency formed by Contra Costa voters in 1988 to manage the county's transportation sales tax program and to do countywide transportation planning.

CCTA is responsible for maintaining and improving the county’s transportation system by planning, funding, and delivering critical transportation infrastructure projects and programs that connect our communities, foster a strong economy, increase sustainability, and safely and efficiently get people where they need to go. CCTA is also the county's designated Congestion Management Agency (CMA), responsible for putting programs in place to keep traffic levels manageable.

I was able last night to get $50 million allocated for a project to ease congestion at the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Toll Plaza added to the tentative list of projects to be funded by regional Measure 3 (RM3) that would be paid for by bridge tolls. This is not a final allocation, but it gets us into the competition.

< RETURN