Here is an update on the latest MCE news and opportunities available for Richmond to promote sustainability.
Here are a few exciting highlights:
· New Lower Rates: MCE’s rates have been reduced an average of 9%, effective in September
· Major Win for Climate: MCE has calculated estimated greenhouse gas savings of over 122,000 metric tons from 2010 - 2014 or equivalent to taking close to 26,000 cars off the road for our service area prior to 2015 and 2016 enrollments
· New MCE Communities: This September, MCE service began in the North Bay communities of American Canyon, Napa, Yountville, St. Helena, and Calistoga as well as the East Bay communities of Lafayette and Walnut Creek. This brings MCE’s service to a total of 24 communities;
o Overall enrollment in these communities is about 91.6% with 719 accounts choosing our Deep Green 100% renewable energy option
· Solar Customers Win Big: MCE paid out more than $1 million dollars to our solar customers in 2016;
· Local Sol Feed-in-Tariff Project update: 1.5 MW Solar Carport in Novato will power 300 homes in MCE service area soon. Check out the video!
· Billing Made Easy: Check out our latest video to help answer any billing questions;
· Business Savings: Remember, small commercial properties in MCE’s service territory, including city buildings, are eligible to receive a range of cost-saving measures and a free energy assessment. Contact us to learn more.
This might be good time to resume consideration of opting up municipal accounts to MCE's 100% renewable Deep Green option. By taking this step, Richmond would eliminate the electricity-related greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions associated with your municipal operations, joining Belvedere, Sausalito, and San Anselmo as one of MCE's proudest Deep Green Champions.