See http://www.ci.richmond.ca.us/3284/Urban-Garden-Contest-and-Showcase for registration and details.
Urban Garden Contest and Showcase
Register for the Urban Garden Contest and Showcase! Submission Deadline is Saturday, June 18, 2016.
The Urban Garden Contest and Showcase is a city-wide home garden competition and tour in which Richmond and North Richmond residents are challenged to show off their edible gardens for a chance to win gardening prizes and the title of “Best Edible Garden in Richmond 2016.”
The contest will include a garden showcase day to allow community members to tour participating gardens and receive gardening tips from the city’s top amateur gardeners.
Follow the Urban Garden Contest and Showcase on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #RichmondCAUrbanGarden
How to Enter Contest:
Email Mayor Tom Butt’s office at email@example.com providing your first and last name, home address, phone number, a 100 word or less description of your garden, and up to four (4) photos of your edible garden. You must be a resident of Richmond or unincorporated North Richmond to enter the Urban Garden Contest and Showcase.
Urban Garden Contest Showcase:
The Urban Garden Contest Showcase day is an all day event to allow registered members of the public to tour participating gardens throughout the city. Participating gardeners may choose to open host guests all day or choose a period in the day to host tours.
Register to tour participating gardens here or complete the form below.
NOTE: All participants of the Urban Garden Contest and Showcase are entered into the showcase weekend by default. If you would like to participate in the Urban Garden Contest and Showcase but want to withdraw from the showcase weekend, enter "No Showcase" at the top of your submission.
Questions? Contact Christopher Whitmore at (510) 620-6502 or via email.
The Urban Garden Contest will be judged by the following panelists:
- John Gioia, Contra Costa County Supervisor, District I
- Sue Hartman, Director, City of Richmond Department of Information Technology
- Doria Robinson, Executive Director, Urban Tilth
- May 2016 - Urban Garden Contest and Showcase begins
- June 18, 2016 - Submission deadline for contest entries
- June 18, 2016 - Registration deadline for showcase guests
- June 23, 2016 - Judging period begins
- June 25, 2016 - Urban Garden Showcase day
- June 27, 2016 - Winner of Urban Garden Showcase announced