We are elated to invite you to the first annual 23rd Street Trick or Treat event!
Brought to you with generous sponsorship of State Farm
This event is free and fun for all ages: treats, activities, and a costume contest.
When: Halloween, Monday / Lunes, Oct. 31st from 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Where: On 23rd Street, between Barrett and McBryde. Richmond, CA
Costume Contest - Concurso de Disfraces at NIAD Art Center (sponsored by State Farm)
Arts & Crafts - Artes y Artesania
- Lego Robotics by YMCA
- "STEM" Activities include NASA robot table & "Slime making" demos - CC College
- Wish Wall Mural
- Animal Balloons
- Face Painting and Masks
Community Altar- Altar Comunitario - Dedicated to families of gun violence
Why a Halloween “Stroll” for families?
It’s time to take back our neighborhoods with a positive event that involves our diverse community!
- Begin associating Richmond with a positive family activity.
- There is no pedestrian friendly Halloween family event in Richmond or West Contra Costa County for that matter. Parents travel to Albany’s Solano or Berkeley’s 4th Street.
- Start to change perceptions of 23rd Street; reduce and prevent untoward elements, encouraging more foot traffic
- In order to mobilize merchants to get more involved and spur economic activity
Thank you to our other sponsors!
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital
The California Endowment
SIMS Metal Management