It’s that time of year again – this is your chance to weigh in on the best and worst of 2014 and predictions for 2015.
In a tradition that started in 2002, I will present my version, augmented by suggestions from E-FORUM readers, with the 2013 Year End Review - Prediction and Wishes for 2014.
I am again inviting E-FORUM readers to weigh in with what you consumers of City of Richmond services want to say about what works and what doesn’t, who works and who doesn’t, and what will work and what won’t. Information provided is guaranteed to e treated with complete confidentiality. Responses from City staff are welcome. Some suggestions include:
- Best and worst City departments and managers – and why.
- City employees who have distinguished themselves by superior service, ideas, leadership or deeds.
- Organizations that have made Richmond a better place, and how.
- Best and worst of what has happened in Richmond this year that is connected with the City.
- Best and worst development projects.
- Predictions for the coming year.
For several years, I have prepared detailed year-end evaluations of City of Richmond services, problems challenges and wishes. Originally, these were conveyed only to my City Council colleagues and the city manager as a way of providing input into the annual city manager performance evaluation and establishing my priorities and legislative objectives for the coming year.
- New Year 2015 - Richmond Keen in 2015?, December 31, 2014
- 2014 – Richmond Serene in 2014?, January 1, 2014
- 2013 Year End Review and Prediction and Wishes for 2013, December 31, 2012
- 2012: click here, or go to http://www.tombutt.com/pdf/New_Year_2011_e-forum.pdf.
- 2011: 2010 Year End Review – Predictions and Wishes for 2011, January 1, 2011. On my 2011 wishes, I only scored three out of eight. E-FORUM readers did better with five out of seven.
- 2010: 2009 Year End Review - Predictions and Wishes for 2010, January 1, 2010. Take a look at the year-end wishes and predictions. They will surprise you!
- 2009: Richmond 2008 Year End Review and Hopes for 2009, December 31, 2008.
- 2008: Year 2007 Review and Hopes for New Year 2008, January 1, 2008
- 2007, it was Will Richmond be Heaven in 2007?January 1, 2007.
- 2006, I circulated What Can We Fix in 2006? January 1, 2006.
- 2005, I decided to expand the New Year’s Day E-FORUM, 2004 Year-End Review, December 31, 2004, to become a broader evaluation of the City of Richmond and to give E-FORUM readers an opportunity not only to participate but to also play the principal role. Due to the volume of responses from E-FORUM readers, 2004 sort of got out of hand and expanded to 20 pages before I ran out of time and energy. It also probed the First Amendment envelope in Richmond, resulting in condemnation of me by many of my City Council colleagues and others as well as feeding the fire of what later became a harassment probe initiated by a City employee.
- 2004, I tried to be whimsical and authored Out With The Old – In With The New, E-FORUM, January 1, 2004, providing a number of awards and multiple choice predictions. Remarkably, several of the predictions had choices that were dead on.
- 2003, I shared one of these priorities on the E-FORUM in New Year's Resolution - a Full Court Press on Blight, January 3, 2003