Autumn is the wife of my mayor staff member David Gray. She is recently relocated from Louisiana along with David and is looking for a job.
Autumn earned a Master of Public Administration with a focus in nonprofit management and a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications from Louisiana State University. During her academic career, she held internship positions in public affairs outreach, human resource development, development and fundraising, policy analysis, and human development services (city wide head start program).
Her most recent employer was the Louisiana Legislative Auditor. As a Staff Auditor, her primary duties included ensuring state departments and programs were in compliance with federal, state, and local laws; performing credible and timely analysis of complex legal and performance issues; providing administrative support to audit team leaders; and assisting with communication between audit teams, state agencies, legislators, the media, and the public.
In addition to her academic and professional background, she spent the past several years mentoring middle and high school students from disenfranchised communities. Mentoring gave her many opportunities to help others maximize their potential and create opportunities for success. Those experiences are why she is highly interested in working for an organization that champions the needs of disenfranchised children. Specifically, she is seeking a position with an organization focused on mentorship and expanding college access for students. However, she am open to working for other organizations as long as their mission is to produce positive outcomes for children in need.
Autumn Love Gray
97 Lakeshore Ct. Richmond, CA 94804 Mobile: (832) 746-1476 Email: email@example.com
Dedicated professional with a desire to transform communities and help youth maximize their potential. A reputation for an excellent work ethic and strong administrative skills. Able to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines, manage office workflow, and adapt to meet changing deadlines and priorities.
Staff Auditor 2, Louisiana Legislative Auditor
Baton Rouge, LA – 2013 to February 2015
- Collaborate with audit team members to develop and implement detailed audit plans, ensuring that state agencies and programs are in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Performed qualitative and quantitative analyses of large sums of information to determine state agencies and programs’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and challenges.
- Prepare understandable audit reports by summarizing large sums of complex regulatory and legal language.
- Share audit findings with state lawmakers, department directors, program managers, the media, and the general public.
- Assist with the training and professional development of new hires.
Assistant Event Coordinator, Bethany Church
Baton Rouge, LA – 2011
- Supervised 13 staff members and numerous volunteers who were responsible for organizing and operating church events.
- Scheduled and coordinated logistics for more than 20 church events
- Supervised activities for 15 children during church services, including maintaining a nurturing environment, ensuring the facility was secure and sanitized, providing first aid when necessary, and opening clear lines of communication with parents.
Legal Recovery Specialist, Eaton Group Attorneys
Baton Rouge, LA – 2007 to 2011
- Maintained complete and accurate files for more than 800 active recovery cases.
- Drafted legal documents for internal staff use and for external communications with clients.
- Collected $65,000 per month in revenues on average for clients.
- Assisted with the training and professional development of new hires.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT HISTORY
Development Assistant (Intern), Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana
Baton Rouge, LA – 2012
- Assist in all aspects of development and communication activities including: membership recruitment and retention; marketing publications; donor research and correspondence; and grant writing.
1:1 College Mentor, Baton Rouge Youth Coalition
Baton Rouge, LA – 2014 to Present
- Help high school seniors succeed in college by working with students and their families to identify colleges and scholarships, navigate colleges’ application processes, manage key financial paperwork, and prepare students for real-life college obstacles.
Individual Tutor, THRIVE Charter Academy
Baton Rouge, LA – 2013 to 2014
- Work one-on-one with specific students to help them grow academically, support their social development, and encourage students to pursue a postsecondary education.
Mentor, 220 Youth Group
Baton Rouge, LA – 2004 to 2010
- Meet weekly with groups of 5 to 10 students to build relationships and promote the adoption and application of higher standards in citizenship, scholarship, and spirituality.
Manship School of Mass Communications, Louisiana State University
Master of Public Administration (2013) & Bachelors of Mass Communication (2006)
- COURSEWORK: Non-profit management; policy analysis; program evaluation; budgeting; grant writing and fundraising