]
Tom Butt Header E-Forum

E-Mail Forum – 2013  
  < RETURN  
  Chevron's Choice of Metal in Richmond Refinery Fix Questioned
April 30, 2013

I had the dubious pleasure today of being the target of a protracted demonstration by Corky’s army, alleging that I am against gun control. Assembled across the street from my office in Point Richmond with blaring bullhorns from about 10:30 AM until shortly after noon were twenty something individuals who would be familiar to City Council watchers, including Wesley Ellis, Pam Bilbao and Mark Wassberg.

I assume Corky sent them out because of my vote against his inane motion for City staff to draft some kind of gun control ordinance (see Richmond Deserves Better City Council Behavior, April 24, 2013)

Even Contra Costa Times curmudgeon Tom Barnidge recognized the folly:

We understand that Richmond's fine civic leaders are distraught over all the gunplay in their community, and we know city councils think they can right every wrong with new laws, but when both the police chief and the district attorney's office say it's a really bad idea to create a local gun-control bill, it is probably time to back off the notion.

Anyone who knows me also knows that I would do anything I can to take guns off the streets of Richmond. There is clearly a parallel universe here where fact and fiction intermingle freely.

< RETURN