]
Tom Butt Header E-Forum

E-Mail Forum – 2013  
  < RETURN  
  Climate Change Community Discussion & Film Screening
March 21, 2013

Forwarded from john Gioia:

I'm pleased to be a guest speaker and panelist at an important community discussion on global warming this Saturday, March 23 at the Rialto Cinema El Cerrito.

This free event includes a screening of Rising Waters, a documentary film on the impact of global warning on Pacific Islands, and Q&A with the film's producer, Andrea Torrice.

As Chair of the Bay Area Joint Policy Committee, I am helping lead the development of the Bay Area Climate & Energy Resilience Project. This regional initiative involves over 100 public, private, and non-profit entities working to support and enhance the local climate change efforts of cities and counties. We are leading the nation in regional planning on addressing global warming.

Saturday's line-up also includes small group discussions and workshops. Whether you're an expert in climate change, or new to the topic, this event is designed for lively learning and community input.

I hope to see you there.

What: "Climate Change: Inspiring, Educating, Activating our Neighborhoods, County, Bay Area." Includes screening of Rising Waters documentary, discussions, workshops, speakers.

When: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Saturday, March 23 (Doors open at 10:15 a.m.)

Where: Rialto Cinemas El Cerrito, 10070 San Pablo Ave., El Cerrito; lunch at Nong Tron's Restaurant (next door to theater) ($10 suggested food donation)

For more: City of El Cerrito's webpage, or call 510-215-4350

Sponsored by the El Cerrito Environmental Quality Committee , Earth House Center, League of Women Voters, Torrice Productions

< RETURN