[forum/header.htm]
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  Campaign Shenanigans and Factoids
August 17, 2012

Here we are only 48 hours after the close of filing, and some interesting things are coming to light.

Each candidate is offered the opportunity to sign a “Code of Fair Campaign Practices” pledge. All but two candidates, Jael Myrick and Mark Wassberg signed it. See sample below.

In his Candidate Statement, Nat Bates claims his style “….earned me the endorsements from the Richmond Police and Fire Unions, Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Council of Richmond Industries, Contra Costa Democrats, BMW, BAPAC, Labor Unions and others.” According to credible sources, Bates does not have endorsements from Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Council of Richmond Industries or Contra Costa Democrats. Richmond Police and Fire Unions could not be verified.

Code fair Campaign.jpg

My name is:     Nat Bates__________________________________________________________________________

My age is (Optional): ____________________________________________________________________________________

My occupation is:     Councilmember______________________________________________________________________
(Optional – Occupation shown above may be more descriptive than what will appear on the official ballot)
Education and Qualifications (Statement and word count begin below)

For over 40 years I have been fighting on behalf of Richmond’s families. I am proud of the many accomplishments we have achieved together; however, there is still work to be done. I am running for re-election to continue my fight in delivering good paying jobs and safer neighborhoods. 

I will continue working for jobs by investing in the Port, securing Lawrence Berkeley Richmond Campus, and promoting job training programs like Richmond Build.

Before earning my bachelors degree and teaching credential, I was educated in the local school system having attended Stege Elementary, Harry Ells Junior High, El Cerrito High School and Contra Costa College. Therefore, I am appreciative and committed to improving our underperforming schools in the City of Richmond.

My style in working to solve problems is through a respectful, collaborative effort with a common sense approach has been the success of my leadership and has earned me the endorsements from the Richmond Police and Fire Unions, Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Council of Richmond Industries, Contra Costa Democrats, BMW, BAPAC, Labor Unions and others.

I am proud of my record while serving you and would be honored to earn your vote. Thanks and God Bless You.

Please visit www.natbates2012.com

RETURN