[forum/header.htm]
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  Reminder: 2/13 Public Meeting for I-80 Congestion Relief Project
February 10, 2012

I am forwarding this for information, but it is not a project of which I am supportive. The end objective of the project is to pack more people onto I-80 and get them where they are going faster. As we learned a long time ago, increasing freeway capacity no matter how you do it induces growth of sprawl in outlying areas. It will be great for folks in Solano County but won’t do much for the people of West County who really need better public transportation and more transportation choices instead. What we will see is more on-ramp metering that holds us up so commuters from up north can whiz by on their way to San Francisco,. This is nothing but a sham foisted on us by CalTrans, who never met a freeway they didn’t want to expand. They try to greenwash it by telling you it will reduce idling, improve air quality and get more value out of existing roadways. hope you will tell CalTrans what you think.

This is a friendly reminder that on Monday, February 13, 2012 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. there will be an open house for the Interstate-80 Congestion Relief and Safety Improvement Project at the Richmond City Council Chambers.

For more information, please visit this link or see below.

Thank you for your support in making this meeting a success.

Description: Smart CorridorsDescription: AlamedaDescription: CCTADescription: http://www.circlepoint.com/images/eblast/ccta.jpgDescription: http://www.circlepoint.com/images/eblast/mtc.jpgDescription: http://www.circlepoint.com/images/eblast/wcctac.jpg

INFORMATIONAL OPEN HOUSE TO BE HELD FEBRUARY 13
FOR INNOVATIVE INTERSTATE 80 CONGESTION RELIEF
& SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT

ALAMEDA/CONTRA COSTA COUNTIES – The public is invited to learn about innovative congestion relief and safety improvements to be implemented in the next two years along the Interstate 80 (I-80) corridor in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. The corridor includes I-80 from the I-80/580/880 interchange in Oakland to the Carquinez Bridge, San Pablo Avenue, and the arterials that lead to I-80. The improvements include adaptive ramp metering; high occupancy vehicle (HOV) bypass lanes at ramp meters; active management of traffic during freeway incidents using variable advisory speed limits and lane management on the freeway and coordinated traffic signal timing on the local streets; bus priority at traffic signals and ramp meters; enhanced traveler information; and the coordinated operation of all the components – collectively referred to as the I-80 Integrated Corridor Mobility (ICM) project.
The open house will be held on Monday, February 13, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the City Council Chambers, Civic Center Campus, 440 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond, CA 94804
The I-80 ICM project is a $93-million regional project that is expected to reduce the impacts of both commute and incident-related congestion on the freeway, including long delays and stop-and-go traffic, congestion-related traffic collisions, long emergency response times, unreliable commute times, and cut-through traffic. The project is a cooperative effort between the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans); the ten municipalities along the corridor (Oakland, Emeryville, Albany, Berkeley, El Cerrito, Richmond, San Pablo, Pinole, Hercules, and Contra Costa County representing the unincorporated areas); AC Transit; WestCAT; Alameda County Transportation Commission; Contra Costa Transportation Authority; West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee; and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission. Construction of the improvements is funded through State transportation bond funds awarded by the California Transportation Commission.
Special Accommodations
Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. Individuals who require special accommodation (American Sign Language interpreter, accessible seating, documentation in alternative formats, etc.) are requested to contact the Caltrans District Public Affairs Office, at 510-286-4444 at least 5 days prior to the scheduled meeting date. TDD users may contact the California Relay Service TDD line at 1-800-735-2929 or Voice Line at 1-800-735-2922.

Katie Lichty
Project Coordinator

Description: cid:image001.jpg@01CBB99D.F3936BC0
455 Capitol Mall, Suite 305
Sacramento, CA  95814-4427
916.658.0180 x121
www.circlepoint.com

RETURN