[forum/header.htm]
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  FLASH - Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is Coming to Richmond
January 23, 2012

Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 8:49 AM
To: Corky Booze; Ritterman, Jeff; Butt, Tom; Gayle McLaughlin; Jovanka Beckles; Bates, Nat; Rogers, Jim; Wolken, Alan; Lindsay, Bill; Chris Magnus; Devone Boggan; Holmes, Diane; Casimere, Don; Edric Kwan; Goins, James; Jim Matzorkis; Katy Curl; Keith Jabari; Leslie Knight; Michael Banks; Patrick Lynch; Randy Riddle; Randy Riddle; Richard Mitchell; Vaca, Sal; Scott Dickey; Shasa Curl; Hartman, Sue; Tim Jones; Yader Bermudez
Subject: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is Coming to Richmond
Importance: High

I received a call this morning from Paul Alivasatos, Director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, informing me that they have decided to make the Richmond Field Station and the City of Richmond the home for their second campus.

I would like to thank the Richmond City Council for their enthusiastic support for this important economic development project, the many City of Richmond staff members who worked to provide technical support in the decision-making process, and the Richmond community for providing the warm welcome mat that was undoubtedly a major factor in their decision.

I will provide more details as they become available.  In the meantime, please enjoy this great bit of news and let's look forward to continued success.

Bill Lindsay
City Manager

Sue Kadlec
Executive Assistant to City Manager Bill Lindsay
City Manager's Office
450 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 300
Richmond, CA 94804
510-621-1264 direct line
510-620-6542 fax

RETURN