-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Bay Area Rescue Mission 2010 Survival Fund Drive
I provide the following from the Bay Area Rescue Mission located in Richmond:

http://proxy.pcdn.vresp.com/afe12002f/www.BayAreaRescue.org/files/2010_01_05Head.jpg

January 2010

Now that the busy holiday season is behind us, the new year generally brings a spirit of optimism. But not so for the homeless people who live on our streets. They have only the clothes on their back and little else in the way of basic necessities.

Last year’s holiday season was wonderful — and your gifts were greatly appreciated! The exceptional generosity of good friends like you helped us share real joy and hope with the less fortunate — which is, after all, the central theme of the season.

As we rebuild our Survival Fund for this new year, we pray your financial support continues so that the Bay Area Rescue Mission can be your helping hands in the Bay Area. I hope I can count on your benevolent spirit to stand out from the crowd, and your generosity to help us serve others. Because, every day through your gifts . . .

·         we help many homeless men, women and children who struggle on our cold, uncaring streets — hungry, lonely and desperate for shelter.

·         we reach out to those who have no one else who cares for them — the elderly, the lonely, those with problems — and offer a helping hand and practical guidance to find a better life.

·         we assist folks coming to our door without the means to buy food after paying their rent.

And so as this new year begins, I ask you to continue your loving support of our work. Please understand that I am so grateful for the generosity you have already shown. But because of the ongoing needs of the people we serve, I ask you to help in this all-out effort during January to raise $271,608.86 during our 2010 SURVIVAL FUND DRIVE.

You can restore hope by making an online donation. It will help provide a meal or two, or to help clean a warm blanket or used jacket so someone can ward off the cold. Every little bit helps. No gift is too small!

For additional information, contact:

John Anderson

Bay Area Rescue Mission
2114 Macdonald Ave
Richmond, California 94801
JohnA@BayAreaRescue.org