-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Arts This Week in Richmond

Niad Artists Win Prestigious Award

We just learned that DisabilityLand by Alan Brightman and illustrated by the NIAD artists have won the 2009 Independent Book Publishers Association award for the best book in the Parenting/Family category This is the very first time Select Books, the publisher, has won this award. 

Tell me,  how can I reward our teachers for their outstanding work??  At our staff meeting last week, one of them spoke that sometimes she leaves NIAD thinking that all she did that day was prevent catastrophes, change Depends, take colored pencils out of someone’s backback.

There is no way I can adequately thank our art teachers for what they do.  

pat

Executive Director

National Institute of Art & Disabilities

551 23rd Street

Richmond, CA 94804

www.niadart.org

Reception at Niad

RECEPTION AT art center: A reception for the new art exhibit for "CCA Design for Disability" will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the at the NIAD Center for Art and Disabilities, 551 23rd St.

The exhibit showcasing alternative art-making methods and new tools the methods inspire was made possible through a collaboration between NIAD and its studio artists, along with Matthew Baranauskas and Molly Ackerman-Brimberg.

For more details, visit www.niadart.org. or call 510-620-0290.

Commmunity Digest: Richmond show to feature local artists

West County Times

Posted: 06/01/2009 07:15:33 PM PDT

Richmond

show to feature local artists: Nine Richmond artists will exhibit their work from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Richmond Recreation Center, 3230 Macdonald Ave., as part of this year's Pro Arts Open Studios. More than 400 East Bay artists are opening their work spaces to the public.

Local artists at the recreation center will be Tarnel Abbott, Michael Beer, Darrell Caraway, Regina Gilligan, Norika Kawamoto, Kay Marshall, Jeanne Rehrig, Sophie Stathakos and Paul Wicks.

Nine more artists from Richmond will be exhibiting nearby at the studio of Don Carlson, 674 35th St.

For more details on the open studios, visit www.proartsgallery.org.